Membership to the Prader-Willi Syndrome Association of Ohio is open to parents, family members, friends and professionals. Membership is on a yearly basis and requires a completed Membership application to be submitted to the State Office of PWSA of OHIO.
Membership to PWSA of Ohio offers
- Prader-Willi Voice Newsletter (Sample Newsletter Below)
- Member discounts on registration to state meetings and events (Persons diagnosed with PWS receive a FREE advance registration to all meetings.)
- Member discount for fall camp
- Eligibility for grants to assist in attending state and national meetings and PWSA of Ohio fall camp
- Inclusion in special mailings about upcoming activities and opportunities
- Voting privileges for board members and policies
1 YEAR FREE for Parents/Guardians of newborns or newly diagnosed children—within 1 year
$20.00 yearly for Single/Family Membership
$30.00 yearly for Organization
$ 0.00 Hardship (effective for 1 year at a time)
Your contribution is not in exchange for any products or services and is, therefore, tax deductible. Please consult your accountant for more details.
PWSA of OHIO Newsletter
Presidents have come and gone since this first issue, but the goal of the newsletter has remained The PWSA of OHIO Newsletter “The Voice” printed its premier issue December, 1993. Many the same – getting information and support to families. We now have many avenues to reach those in need. In 1999, brochures were developed from PWSA of OHIO and each year more are added to the state’s library. In 2000, our website was established, giving us another way to distribute information. “The Voice” is printed 3-4 times a year and is a benefit of membership.
A sample of the PWSA of OHIO newsletter is available to view on-line using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Although a membership fee is requested to support our mission to our children, no one is ever denied a yearly membership due to the inability to pay. The only requirement is an updated/completed full membership form each calendar year.