Help support Ohio families impacted by PWS, raise awareness, and support medical research that brings us closer to helping those with, and effected by PWS.
Donate via Paypal using button below, or download this form for other payment methods.
Newly Diagnosed?We are here to help. Call us at 440-716-0552, or send and email to email@example.com.
Kroger Shopping Helps Support PWSA of Ohio
- Saturday, February 8, 2014 1PM to 4PM Family Gathering Giusti Home, Columbus
- Saturday, April 26 2014, A Taste of Massillon St. George Church, Massillon
- Friday and Saturday, April 25 and 26, 2014 Annual Benefit Dinner Giusti Home
- Saturday, June 21 2014 Family Gathering Massillon
- More... (Dates to be determined, list is subject to change)
What is Prader-Willi Syndrome?
Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS) is a genetic disorder that occurs in approximately one in every 12,000 to 15,000 births. The disorder develops in two stages. Infants have muscle weakness, feeding difficulties and poor growth. During childhood, this is replaced by an insatiable appetite, slow metabolism, behavioral problems, and learning difficulties. Severe, life-threatening obesity results if food intake is not strictly controlled.